|Commandos 2: Destination Paris|
|Release date(s)||2004 (Original version)|
2005 (1.32 and 1.34)
|System requirements||Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Commandos 2: Destination Paris, is a modification (mod) of the game Commandos 2: Men Of Courage, originally made by Pyro Studios. Most of the original game has been changed, to give the player a new and exciting Commandos experience. Pyro Studios are no longer making Commandos games in the style of Commandos 2 (or so it seems)), which many people (including myself) are fans of. This mod gives people almost a new game, without having to spend a penny.
The mod has been made more challenging, to stop you completing it too quickly, so you will get a long game. It will test even the best Commandos players. Nevertheless it's been calibrated for novices and for people that are a bit "rusty".
Features[edit | edit source]
Commandos 2: Destination Paris contains all the main and bonus missions (ALL modified) from Men Of Courage plus a lot of Fan made missions and ALL the missions from BEL/BTCOD/C3 (plus a few more bonuses) Here is a list of all the mods features:
- 170 missions!
- 9 completely new missions in new maps
- ALL the 9 missions from BTCOD (including the tutorial mission)
- ALL the 20 missions from BEL
- ALL the 12 missions from Commandos 3.
- New abilities for the Commandos
- Alot more enemies than before, now you will truly feel behind enemy lines
- New enemies, including 7 Secret Agents
- Patrols will not touch you unless you act suspiciously
- Be careful of the new "special enemies", they are deadly at any distance
- The existing enemies, including the new ones, have been made alot more dangerous than in the past
- As a counter-force, now your commandos have a bigger potential in fighting the terrible Nazis
- Commandos will appear in missions in which they weren't before
- The starting equipment of each Commando has changed
- The items have been rebalanced throughout the missions
- No more exceeding equipment, you will have to sweat for a grenade
- Added an RPG style gameplay where you can power up your Commandos by finding better weapons and uniforms
- The weapons characteristics have been altered (the Rifle has two ammo but the loaded one cannot be taken out)
- New patrols have been added
- New objectives
- Lupin's stalking ability has been made useful to get around enemies unseen
- The scenarios will include an infinite quantity of variations and surprises, do not fall unprepared
- Each place, if visited, will have a reward; no more empty areas without a heck of a reason to visit
- New sounds, some taken from the old but never passed Commandos BEL and BTCOD, others new and waiting to be heard
- New music, be rrrready
- Some snipers now will leave their position to investigate (not all), you'd better watch out and...take it to your advantage
- Ammo has been rebalanced, no more easy filling weapons ready to kill
- Gas grenades have a consolidated effectiveness of 60 seconds
- If you beat up an enemy he will lose consciousness for 1 minute
- Spy's first venom dosis will be effective for 30 seconds now!
- Your life will decrease upon increasing the difficulty
- New background music in main menu, credits
- New uniforms for the Commandos
- Vehicles have been rebalanced (now they will be really useful)
- Missions have been populated with more people, each doing his work, giving them a look of realism
- Levels design has been changed, doors that were easy before, now require your complete attention
- Windows aren't secure anymore, when you least expect it, an enemy could watch through a window and...
- Levels interactibility has increased, your Sniper can climb on some trees now, and your men can hide in new unsuspectable places
- The Atmospherical agents (rain, snow) have been reproduced in more missions
- The mod's difficulty has been re-calibrated, as much as for Pro's like for Newcomers, everyone will have fun
- Note: At easiest difficulty level, you can cure fallen Commandos by medicating them or by making them eat some food (or medicate themselves by pressing the "use button" in the inventory on a medikit)
Who Made The Mod?[edit | edit source]
Many devoted fans gave their support.