Mission Introduction: "May 1941. The rise in the sinking of the allied ships by the hand of the German submarines continue to increase, reaching the record sum of 700,000 tonnes. The frigid waters of the North Sea are the most dangerous for the allied vessels. The area is under constant patrol of German destroyers and submarines, which also count on the aerial support of units stationed in Norway, Denmark and Northern Germany. The Reich zealously protect these waters, the doorway to their most important shipyards, ports and industrial installations in northern Germany. The British Navy imposing its superiority in the Atlantic and other European seas at the cost of the loss of hundreds of ships dares not venture into this deadly area. The enormous blocks of ice, and the minefields, as well as the continuous patrols by the German U-boats and destroyers make this area the nightmare of British seamen."
This mission is set somewhere on the North Pole. The main objective is to escape with the enigma machine. This mission is related to 'Night of the Wolves' and 'Das Boot, Silent Killers' It continues some time after you have taken the captured Allied submarine and escaped the German U-Boat base.
Objectives: -Contact the Sapper. -Rescue the Green Beret. -Recover the three parts of the Enigma machine. -Rescue the Spy, the Thief and the allied sailors. -Rescue the Captain. -Use the radio in the camp. -Destroy the engine. -The Green Beret and the Spy must use the plane to take the Enigma machine to the HQ. -All the others must escape in the sub. Secondary objectives: -Disable the bow gun. -Disable the central gun. -Disable the stern gun. Clues: -Use the balloon to obtain the explosives.
(*) Must be rescued from captivity by the Germans first.
- You only start out this mission as the diver, you must rescue all the other commandos before you can use them.
- Since the temperature outside is freezing you will need protective clothing when going outside. If you stay outside while unprotected for too long you will die at some point.
- The protective clothing do not require any space to wield. Once you have putted once in your inventory it will be removed from your inventory, but you will wear it.
- In the same room where the Spy and the Thief are captured you will also find the same group of soldiers from the last mission, again provided with a gun they will have unlimited ammo.
- Penguins appear in this mission, although this is inaccurate there are no penguins on the north pole in real world they are located on the south pole.
- Walrus appear in this mission.
- "White Death" was the name given by Soviet soldiers to Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä who during the Winter War from 1939-1940, killed over 500 Red Army soldiers with a Mosin-Nagant and Suomi submachine gun.
- Whiskey is the only playable character from the previous mission not to appear in this one.
- This and Castle Colditz are the only levels that contain a Hot air balloon.
- In Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty mod, all the Commandos will board and enter in the Submarine instead of the Spy and Green Beret riding on a separated vehicle after all the mission tasks are complete. And also the animals in this mission are omitted.